Since I live in Tennessee, I attend a music and arts festival called Bonnaroo. Most people consider it a "hippie" festival since the focus is recycling, self-sustained living, composting, etc. For me, the hubby,and our assorted friends, its the perfect time to get together and party until the sun comes up.
Getting to the Farm in Manchester, TN was the challenge. The highway patrol closed the exit for Manchester earlier than we expected. As our friends were on the exit ramp, highway patrol told them to get back on the highway. They ended up driving in a circle for an hour before they were able to finally exit the highway and meet everyone at the Home Depot. It was so frustrating, but two hours later, we were unpacking and setting up camp on the Farm. Let me tell you, it was the best time we have had in months. Four days of going to bed late, waking up early, and all the beer you could drink. By Sunday, I was worn down but happy. My feet hurt, the hubby got sunburn on his feet, and I still haven't gone to bed at a decent hour.
Right now, I am suffering from the Bonnarooers call the "Bonnaroo Blues". It happens when you are able to live your life stress free, problem free, just free for four whole days. You get home and unpack and remember at that time you were walking back to camp after seeing Skrillex or a random gave you a honest to goodness hug. A hug you felt was real, not one of those one handed jobs, but two hands on the back and a gentle press and sigh. I miss that. I miss the laughing with my friends, the catch-me-up stories. I miss knowing when I wake up, we'd do it all again, smiles on our faces, and water on our backs. Our feet might have ached, the sun was hot, but it was a good time.
I can't wait for next year!
www.bonnaroo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment