Abby practically skipped to the mailbox. Today was the
beginning of her new life. She opened the green mailbox and grabbed the plain
wrapped box. It was a small box with only her address printed and the return
address from Practical Labs. She held the box close as she ran back into her
house. It won't be long now, she thought to herself. I can finally be the
person I have wanted to be.
Abby considered herself too fat for most activities and
clothing. She never wore a bathing suit since she thought she resembled a
sunbathing sea lion. She was self conscious of the way she looked and how she
thought other saw her. Once these miracle pills worked, then she could go and
ask out Scott. Scott is her co-worker whom Abby has had a crush on for a year.
He is always nice to her, making small talk in the elevator on the way to work
or stopping by her cubicle to ask about her day so far. He even asks her to go
to lunch with him. But poor Abby does not want the very eye friendly Scott to
be seen with a person likes her. So what she has an awesome personality? No one
wants to date Sammy the Sea Lion. These pills will be her savior. The ad said
that they would zap the fat right out of your body. Abby could not wait to give
them a try. What does she have to loose besides 20 pounds of squishy?
Abby goes into the house she shared with her roommate
Melissa. She was sitting on the couch waiting to see this so called “miracle
pill”. Melissa always skeptical about such things warned Abby that it might not
work. She told her she could not find a single review, article, or even a tiny
blurb about Practical Labs. Abby closes the door and proudly shows the box to
Melissa. ‘It came!” Melissa shook her head and rolled her eyes, “Well let’s see
if this even works.”
“It said on the ad that it’s begins working on the first
day. All I have to do is drink it with a glass of water and voila, I’ll be as
thin as you. Gorgeous even,” Abby replied with a huge smile on her face.
“But you are gorgeous now, Abby. I don’t understand why you
need to go to these extremes. You could get any guy you wanted if you had
confidence. I’ve seen how they look at you when you pass. You have the “to die
for” figure. You’re the black Sofia Vegara. Everything’s in the right place.
You don’t see her complaining about losing weight. I’m thin, barely any curves.
That guy Scott at work seems to love looking at you. I swear if he knew where
we lived, he’d be in the bushes under your window with John from next door.”
“Look, I don’t see myself the way you do. Maybe if I did, I
wouldn’t have spent one hundred dollars on some chemicals. But I want to be
thin, like you.”
“Whatever, doll. Mark my words. Being thin is not as
exciting as you think it is. Look at me Abby. When was the last time I had a
date? You on the other hand are turning down hot guys left and right cause you
think you’re fat?! I wish I had your problem. I wish I could fight men of with
a stick. Nope I had to grow an extra amount of self-esteem and cultivate my
confidence. That’s what you need. Fuck a miracle,” Melissa says as she turns
back to the article in the newspaper, mumbling about Abby being a pinup girl
with major issues. Abby laughs at her on the way to the kitchen, swearing she
heard Melissa say if only she had confidence in herself she’d notice the men who
drooled in her path.
Abby quicksteps in to the kitchen and opens the refrigerator
and grabs a bottle of Gatorade from the top shelf. She goes over to counter and
opens the plain box for her bottles of pills.
No comments:
Post a Comment