Since I have been looking for a job, I have neglected my blog and my writing. I do have a couple more stories I need to at least start and edit. It's rough when your mind is occupied with worries and stresses of trying to compete with hundreds of people for a good job. I've decided to try the virtual world out and look for some assignments there. I wonder if I'll find something that pays.
On another note, me and the hubby traveled to Branson, Missouri at the beginning of the month. Amazingly enough, being the wine drinkers we are, we found a couple of Italian wine in Mizzu. It was something I did not expect. I mean, we came all the way to Branson, land of Wayne Newton and outlet shopping, to find Italian wine. The mind boggles. We purchased two bottles. One is a Barbera wine made in Monferrato, Italy, (according to the seller, who's training to be a sommelier). The taste reminded me of fresh honey straight out of the hive. There was no aftertaste with an amazingly clean finish. This wine is the best I have had since my father in law introduced us to fine wines. And the price was fair considering. The other wine is from the same region, made from Nebbiolo grape, Barberesco. We haven't popped the cork yet, but I am anxious to have a taste. I've read about its qualities and want to see how red it is. The wine is supposed to get lighter as it ages. Our bottle is from 1998, so it may be the burgundy color of red wines or it may have lightened up a bit. I'll keep you updated on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment